8. Overview of reporting research findings
Introduction of the research, objectives and how achieved, methodology and main findings.
Review any previous work to do with the topic of research. Include a general discussion of how it relates to research - i.e. supports, contests, proves or disproves.
Discuss how the results were achieved and provide explanations of how data was gathered/collated/generated and how the data was analysed. Discuss any methodological problems and their solutions and or effects on the research.
- the purpose of the research section
- keep notes of what you did, why you did it and what happened
- remember who your audience will be
Results and Discussion
Provide the interpretation, presentation and/or discussion of the results. Also, any comparisons with the results of previous research or effects of methods used on the data obtained.
- has the research question/problem been solved?
- to what extent have the objectives been achieved?
- what has been learned from the results?
- how can this knowledge be used?
- what are the shortcomings of the research or methodology used?