7. Computerised data analysis
Software packages are available for the analysis of quantitative and qualitative data. Each packed has different features and the researcher needs to choose carefully. The aim of all of the packages is to assist in the categorisation and matching process. The packages can save time, but there is still a great deal of time required to set them up and input the data and check through the process.
The most well known software packages are listed below, some have links attached which you may wish to read through for further information:
- SPSS http://www.spss.com/uk/statistics/?gclid=COqEmJPdw5sCFRISzAodvX4KdA
- ATLAS/ti http://www.psychologysoftwaredistribution.com/ATLAS_ti/atlas_ti.html
- NVivo http://download.qsrinternational.com/Document/NVivo7/NVivo7_Tutorials_Lyn_Richards.pdf
- NUD*IST http://www.sdgassociates.demon.co.uk/learnnudist.htm
There are also a number of networks available that are accessible via the Internet, CAQDAS is one of them, available at http://www.soc.surrey.ac.uk/caqdas